Oh, because there's a baby here now. And he's generally more demanding than the house. And he's pretty loud and insistent. And dang cute and appealing to play with:)
And then there's that tension that creeps in if hubby and I don't relax, go on occasional date afternoons, or cuddle on the couch with a movie once in a while.
And our extended family wants to see us once in a while;)
And reading books, playing games, and watching high quality TV shows like 30 Rock, Community, and Modern Family are very important;)
Yeah, lots of things are more important than perfecting our Estate THIS VERY MINUTE. We need to be slackers. Our vacation proved that. While vacationing, I was surfing the Interwebs one night and looked over to see my hubby playing a computer game. I haven't seen him doing that since last fall and that's pretty sad. J loves independent and well made games as much as I love reading books but neither of us have been "indulging" in those hobbies much lately.
Long story short: New Schedule says:
- We will NOT do housework in the evening (other than cooking and cleaning up dinner).
- We will only work on the house for 4-5 hours each weekend day. 8-10 hours the whole weekend sounds good!
- We'll loan our kid to grandparents every other weekend to go on a date.
- I will focus more on playing/teaching my kid when he's awake since that is MY JOB. Oddly, not painting/weeding/constantly working makes me feel guilty and I HATE that. It's like I don't value my child. I value my house more?
- We're going to try to let things go, i.e. cleanliness standards. I'll have to work on this since J is already pretty good at overlooking messes;)
So our goals for this weekend are:
- Plant strawberry and raspberry plants. Somewhere. Probably involves prepping said area.
- Weed the front flowerbed! Oh it's soo big:( (That's what she said).
- Pressure wash the deck and gross exterior parts of the house.
- Buy sealant and begin sealing the deck.