May 18, 2011

Longer Out Than In and DINNER

Well, C has now been living in the World of Air and Sounds longer than he lived in the World of Fluid and Mumbles. Yep. Wow:) During his 38.5 weeks inside he grew from a speck to 7 pounds 14 ounces. And so far during his 38.5 weeks outside he's grown from 7 pounds 14 ounces to 21 pounds. AMAZING!!!

Moving on.

Here's how we spent yesterday evening.

GRILLING!!! AND EATING!!!!

I scored this free for us: local, grass fed, happy filet mignon!! And we grilled it last night, along with asparagus from our CSA and sweet potatoes from Green B.E.A.N. Delivery. We also had a yummy salad from our CSA. I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to REAL food again. Real as in: fresh produce that has been grown responsibly and picked just days before I eat it. Free of chemicals, delicious and delightful! Plus we're supporting farmers we know personally!!
Oh so nice:)

Lucky for us our grill is next to one of the kitchen window. How nice is that for handing things in and out? :)


It was raining! But the trees (and my rain boots) protected me while I grilled.


C enjoys his first steak. Prior to steak he had eaten an appetizer of asparagus, followed by a side dish of sweet potato.


Gnawing on his chunk of filet mingon. When it got soft, we cut it into smaller bites for him to pick up and enjoy. For about 1-2 months now, C has pretty much fed himself at mealtime. Very easy for us!


Star of the show: THE GREENS!!!


And my plate: happy foods happy to be eaten by my happy stomach. And yup, when I eat at home with my tiny family, I grab that asparagus with my fingers and ignore the fork. I feel that is what the asparagus prefers:)

PS- C was on my sister's blog. Check out his chubby feet and hands!! Love to cover them in kisses:)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Though I picked up steak at the farmer's market last night to treat you guys while you're here... You may be steaked out.

    ReplyDelete