September 7, 2009

No Rest For the Weary

In fact, I'm not weary. That's why I'm up at 11:57 on a work night. J is asleep before I am. For those of you who know my school-year sleep habits, this is quite odd. But it does happen. SOMETIMES I DON'T GO TO BED AT 9:30!!!! This happened once last school year. It is happening again tonight. DUDUDUDUM.

I know, this is SOOOO interesting. Don't worry, everything else ahead in this entry is RIVETING, ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT NEWS.

Tonight J and I got in a slight fight. For those of you who don't live with us, I thought I'd outline the levels of our fights. Oh, the thrills of reading my thoughts!!!!
  1. Happiness: This is where J and I are 70% of our time. We joke and cuddle and have a gay olde time together. We like Happiness. We sometimes bicker about things we don't agree on, but happily, if you can imagine. We laugh a lot in this stage. I chatter endlessly too, thankful I married a man who loves to hear me talk. OR SO HE SAYS.
  2. Disagreements: We land here about 20% of our existence. This is when we disagree amicably and are able to get over it pretty quick. A common conversation here might be: "No, that's not what I meant." "Oh? That's what I felt." "I'm so sorry to have conveyed that. I love you." "I suppose I do too. Give me a minute though. Okay, I love you too."
  3. Arguments: 10% maybe? We were here tonight. This is when we get mad and irrational and raise our voices about it. Mind you, we don't yell, we merely raise our voices a bit. There is frustration and pent up fury. This could go on for hours, until we pull our heads out of our asses and see that in the grand scheme of things, this really doesn't matter. We are only 2 tiny people among BILLIONS and will we really remember that this was so important in a year? Or even in a week? NO. Tonight it took us a grand total of less than 30 minutes to take a reality check. Yay for us!
  4. FIGHTS: 5% or about 1/month. These are full blown and hideous. there is yelling (loud, usually on my part), crying (vehemently, usually on my part), and very open fury (both, but I'm better at it because J is so very wonderfully nice). Of course we both still recognize that we love one another and this is just a FIGHT but still, we (I) relish it for a while. Often for a day. At least. And the whole time, I'M thinking, "Aww, I miss J. I wish I could cuddle with him on the couch. I wish we could go for a walk, holding hands and talking." BUT NOT ENOUGH. And J is thinking. "Geez, Sarah is such a FREAK!" And he is correct. But he is a freak too, that's why I married him ~squeezing J's cheeks~.
  5. The other 5% of the time I don't know what we do. You decide.
BTW, being married is the most wonderful thing I've ever done in my life but OH SO HARD. You work every day and if you slack off, FIGHTS, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment