March 24, 2009

A Lovely Book


I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Wow, what a witty and delightful book. I seem to read so many books filled with tragedy and heart-wrenching issues so I love a happy novel every once in a while. This book wasn't just happy though; it was infinitely better. It was sad, sweet, so real, and wonderful. Like I tend to say when I find something I really like and can't find the words to adequately describe it: "It was really, really, really good." Take my word for it. Haven't read such a gentle, thought provoking book I liked this much since Eat, Pray, Love. Sigh, that was a marvelous read too. It really hit me at the right time in my life and I still have quotes from it up by my desk. I was just reading them yesterday and smiling. 

Well, just got off the phone with my sister and before that my mom. Awww, I love my family:) So my sister Jo is reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. She is a well read sister! And my mom is wanting to refinance their house and asked me for hints and help. Makes me feel like a grown up. I know, I know. Finally I am a grown up, you say! About time, considering I'll be 28 next month!!

When I am typing a post, I type furiously. Then I go back and revise. Then I spell check. Then I open Stickies and type in my mis-spelled words to find the correct spellings because Blogger does not want to do that for me. And since I have such atrocious spelling, this takes years. Then I think of more that I want to write and repeat the entire process. Such is my life. 

Sometimes, when I'm at work, and I don't know how to spell a word, I ask the class "Now how do we spell that?". Not that I hide my lack of spelling brilliance; I do make it known to them so they know it is perfectly acceptable to have failings. But still, I don't want them to know quite the LOW spelling level I am on. Nor that I end my sentences with prepositions. Honestly, I am a very good teacher so please don't doubt my teaching abilities!!!! I BEG THIS OF YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment