July 6, 2010

Not Sleeping at 5 AM

Last night I before I gave up and went to bed, I was lazily flipping through the book I am presently reading. I'm not the kind of person to read the end of a book before I actually get there but sometimes I do scan a word or two near the end when I'm bored. Or putting off going to bed.

This time. Uh oh. I saw the words "verdict" and "not guilty". Oops. Hope that is a very minor court case involving a very minor character.  

So I went to bed last night at 10:38 PM and decided to take a break from sleeping a little while ago at 5:00 AM. That's what I do now, every couple of nights: take a break from sleeping. Doing something for a while gets pretty monotonous and difficult when pregnant. Imagine the flopping back and forth in bed every 30 minutes. Imagine the grunting it involves to turn yourself over! Imagine getting up every 3-5 hours to pee. Imagine the weird dreams, the wiggles, the hunger. It just gets too much. So I wake up:)

And realize the world if very quiet late at night. And the Internet only holds so much entertainment when you've forgotten your book in the bedroom. Maybe I'll fold the laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment