October 28, 2010

Books



In the creepy spirit of Halloween, here are 2 creepy books to check out. Also, I'd like to let everyone know I really hate scary movies/books/experiences so these books are probably not really that frightening to normal people.

Right now I'm reading I Am Legend by Richard Matheson and it is giving me nightmares. I need to finish or stop reading it soon since I wake up pretty often during the night nowadays. Nothing like thinking about a freaky book when feeding your kid at 2:00 in the morning. The version I'm reading also has lots of terrifying short stories in addition to the main I Am Legend story.

Vampires. Shudder. Ick.

Also, last year I read Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury. I've always loved a good Bradbury short story but this one bordered on too suspenseful and scary for me. Possibly because I'm a wimp. Also, now I don't like carousels. 

Eek, something truly horrifying has occurred!!! Baby Boy has woken early from his morning nap!!! The shrill screaming echoes through the house!!! 

Or not since he's happily eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment